Posted by Surya Kolluri
I hope it is acceptable that I would venture such an exercise as below - my one word / phrase impression of several of our classmates. I also throw in well known figures just to mix it up.
Just a few caveats as far as descriptors of our friends are concerned--
- DESCRIPTORS - these are descriptors, and not labels. Even though labels could be descriptors. For example Venkat's label is Captain. Srini' is guruji. MLA is Boss. I aim to get behind the label, with this exercise
- TRAIT: clearly everyone is much more complex than a word - thus this could be taken more as pointing to a discernible trait than a full portrait
- MY IMPRESSION: this is my personal reading and am not speaking for others' impressions
- HISTORY: this is based on our interactions since 2006, and in some cases in college and in a few cases from high school or prior
- POSITIVE: I have endeavored to be positive, so there should not be risk of an insult ( I sincerely hope)
- BETTER ANGELS: Every word chosen is meant to be taken in a positive light (better angels of our nature)
- FEEDBACK: I humbly accept disagreements, corrections and revisions
- SORRY: I apologize in advance for mis-attributions.
I roll the dice now and take chance - Let's go!
One word / phrase descriptors of friends and celebrities:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
- Venkat : Inclusive
- Swarna : Sharp
- MLA : Commanding
- Gavaskar: Prolific
- Bharani : Compassionate
- Ganesh : Humble
- Kanchana : Spirited
- Modi: Merchant
- Chandru : Incisive
- SR. Uma : Scholar
- Sania Mirza: New India
- Krishnan : Humorous
- Sumathi : Dedicated
- Kalam: Ideal Indian
- Sri Krishnan: Multi-talented
- Paru : Shining
- Rahman: Global
- Suresh Babu: Deep
- Kamala: Polished
- General Singh: Indian Might & Right
- Arch: Blazing
- Chitra: Accomplished
- Amartya Sen: bottom of pyramid
- Dev: Observant
- Pandi: Candid
- Prabhakar: Generous
- Sri Ramakrishna: Third eye
- Vels: Appreciate life
- Sri Ram : Conversationalist
- Ajit: Strong
- Priety Zinta: Bold & Fresh
- Shankar: Eloquent
- Ravi Shankar: Standout
- Srini: Introspective
- Female Mars Mission Team: Role models
- Prabhat : Writer
- Deepak: Word-magician
- Nambi: Musical
- RBI Governor Rajan - Reservist
- Flute Balu : Composer
- Ravi: Steady
- Srinath: Runner
- Sri Prakash: Biker
- (Me): Seeking resonance
- Joe: Spreading cheer
- Bala: Poetic
- Gautham: Astute
- Sitar Ravi Shankar : original global brand
- Raghu: Artistic
- Mukundan: Fluent
- KVS: Savvy
- Rajini: Incandescent
- Meena : Spiritual
- Susee: Cosmopolitan
- Siva: Leading light
- Dharmendra: He-Man
- Iswar: Equanimity
- Laki Balaji: Versatile
- Mohan: Modern
- Sharmila: Delightful
- Subu: Socially Conscious
- Amitabh: Keeping with times
Hope you enjoyed this!!!!
I hope it is acceptable that I would venture such an exercise as below - my one word / phrase impression of several of our classmates. I also throw in well known figures just to mix it up.
Just a few caveats as far as descriptors of our friends are concerned--
- DESCRIPTORS - these are descriptors, and not labels. Even though labels could be descriptors. For example Venkat's label is Captain. Srini' is guruji. MLA is Boss. I aim to get behind the label, with this exercise
- TRAIT: clearly everyone is much more complex than a word - thus this could be taken more as pointing to a discernible trait than a full portrait
- MY IMPRESSION: this is my personal reading and am not speaking for others' impressions
- HISTORY: this is based on our interactions since 2006, and in some cases in college and in a few cases from high school or prior
- POSITIVE: I have endeavored to be positive, so there should not be risk of an insult ( I sincerely hope)
- BETTER ANGELS: Every word chosen is meant to be taken in a positive light (better angels of our nature)
- FEEDBACK: I humbly accept disagreements, corrections and revisions
- SORRY: I apologize in advance for mis-attributions.
I roll the dice now and take chance - Let's go!
One word / phrase descriptors of friends and celebrities:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
- Venkat : Inclusive
- Swarna : Sharp
- MLA : Commanding
- Gavaskar: Prolific
- Bharani : Compassionate
- Ganesh : Humble
- Kanchana : Spirited
- Modi: Merchant
- Chandru : Incisive
- SR. Uma : Scholar
- Sania Mirza: New India
- Krishnan : Humorous
- Sumathi : Dedicated
- Kalam: Ideal Indian
- Sri Krishnan: Multi-talented
- Paru : Shining
- Rahman: Global
- Suresh Babu: Deep
- Kamala: Polished
- General Singh: Indian Might & Right
- Arch: Blazing
- Chitra: Accomplished
- Amartya Sen: bottom of pyramid
- Dev: Observant
- Pandi: Candid
- Prabhakar: Generous
- Sri Ramakrishna: Third eye
- Vels: Appreciate life
- Sri Ram : Conversationalist
- Ajit: Strong
- Priety Zinta: Bold & Fresh
- Shankar: Eloquent
- Ravi Shankar: Standout
- Srini: Introspective
- Female Mars Mission Team: Role models
- Prabhat : Writer
- Deepak: Word-magician
- Nambi: Musical
- RBI Governor Rajan - Reservist
- Flute Balu : Composer
- Ravi: Steady
- Srinath: Runner
- Sri Prakash: Biker
- (Me): Seeking resonance
- Joe: Spreading cheer
- Bala: Poetic
- Gautham: Astute
- Sitar Ravi Shankar : original global brand
- Raghu: Artistic
- Mukundan: Fluent
- KVS: Savvy
- Rajini: Incandescent
- Meena : Spiritual
- Susee: Cosmopolitan
- Siva: Leading light
- Dharmendra: He-Man
- Iswar: Equanimity
- Laki Balaji: Versatile
- Mohan: Modern
- Sharmila: Delightful
- Subu: Socially Conscious
- Amitabh: Keeping with times
Hope you enjoyed this!!!!
