Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bike

Post by Krishnan



Sitting in the car in an unmoving traffic jam, enjoying a good music, I was jolted by a loud sound on my left. Turning left, I saw the source of this “noise”, the blasted bullet motorcycle, the engine making too much noise and too little energy in comparison. Call it the signature sound of the bullet, or the DNA of a 2 wheeler of the 1950’s vintage.

The bike rider takes out a brand new iPhone 6 from his pocket and checks out his whatsapp messages on this 2015 vintage phone.

I fail to understand this fixation to an old vintage vehicle, bullet. Yet at a business level, this fixation of an entire generation of riders has boosted the stock prices of Eicher Motors, the owners of Royal Enfield India, from Rs.1000 in 2011 to Rs. 15000 today at 2015.

It is a cult following for this vehicle that has changed the fortunes of this company that was struggling to make a sale of 2000 bikes per month. The credit goes fully to Mr. Siddhartha Lal, who turned around Royal Enfield.

Read below:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/auto/news/two-wheelers/motorcycles/meet-siddhartha-lal-the-man-who-turned-around-royal-enfield-into-eicher-motors-profit-engine/articleshow/46461712.cms