Topic by Surya Kolluri
1) What one specific general or personal event has given you the most satisfaction in the first ~50 years of your life?
2) What one experience that you did not have in the first 50 years, would you most like to have in the second 50 years of your life? (it can be general or personal).
At the high point of life's serve, the ball is up in mid-air. How do you serve?
Responses
Bala Subramaniam
50-
First is what brought happiness to me and self gratifying experience. School days were measured by 400+ in 10th and 1000+ in 12th. I was in cloud nine by making my parents feel the richest among their peers.
Making a house of his own was my dad's unfulfilled dream. I could do it under 30 even though he was not there to witness it. Materialistic selfish achievements are short lived.
It was my 40 plus, I started expressing myself on stage and start writing my heart. It is this particular event that made me happy by I stilling positive thoughts and kindling empathic emotions in others and making them happy.
50+
Will be happy when I publish my first book god wills
Life without retirement, learning without reservations, love with out conditions, list is endless.
Hari Suseendran
Nice topic!
Most satisfaction in the first ~50 years:
I would pick one on the personal front.
Enjoyed spending my summer vacation days in my parents' hometowns in Thanjavur district. They were so different from the city life, so laid back, huge orchards, wood burning stoves that took forever to cook but the food tasting out of the world, movies, local trips to the temples and shores - the list goes on. I don't know if these places still maintain their rustic charm. Those vacations have been instrumental in my passion for travel - be it a short weekend local trips or extended ones within and outside the country. Over the last few years, my travel has reduced considerably (Need to somehow get back on the groove).
Next 50?
Although I didn't wait until 50 to start these off, I see myself showing continued involvement in the following:
- Going green to whatever extent I can.
- Volunteering: To cite an instance, every year, my mission raises funds through walkathons for building homes for battered women in rural parts of Himachal Pradesh. Tap into the abundant opportunities for volunteering in the local parks, soup kitchens, hospitals.
- Charitable causes: Although a drop in the ocean, try to give back to the society. I recently donated my van to the 'Wheels for Wishes NJ'. The most satisfying part was that the proceeds, amounting to a couple of thousands, went towards fulfilling the wishes of terminally ill children. People who are interested in such causes could choose the organization that meets what matters to them the most. Would like to participate regularly in blood donation campaigns.
At the high point of life's serve, the ball is up in mid-air. At this point, my aim is to not get too caught up with how to hit it. Rather than making it a foul shot or a weak one, I would want to hit it just right and enjoy the rally.
Venkat Raghavan
The most satisfying moment in the first 50:
I think it would be the day I got my mark sheet of 12th standard. I came home and danced! My mother was so surprised. She hadn't seen me do that before. It was certainly the pinnacle. It qualifies as the highpoint because I did what everyone does after getting to the summit. You don’t climb any further. I didn’t study much in college!
What in the next 50:
Act in a Tamil movie as the most vicious villain! (seriously!)
K. Kanchana
Aging 50,.. "yet to see grey lines & pray god to hold till my son finish his secondary schooling" for everyone, mom is very precious and for me my mom is my daily breath , my innermost voice & power !
Self gave all my best efforts/commitment during schools/ college and all my performance records/ scores dedicated to see her beautiful smiles on her face and her happy tears rolling down her cheeks,.
My mom's happiness+ smiles earned during her times were my greatest mileage +special moments + best scoring & achievements,!! .
Self hold special bondage to my divine mother, and my day starts seeing her picture before sunrise, apply kumkum to her as my daily commitment/ gratitude for all her blessings for my continued educational+career growth & success !!
Wish anti-aging beyond 50 ..
As a commitment to my mom & for my grandpa who supported for my education, self have plans and already in the process of survey for upgrading/ modernizing the schools built by grandparents in their native village,..My every year of earnings a portion allocated/given for poor kids educational fees/ offering computers for the best students scoring high in Gr 10th & 12th,..!!
Self had learnt Veena for 17yrs // its time now that i need to spend my free time playing Veena quietly to keep me
refreshing for rest of my years ..
From this year onward planned for every year to visit divya sthalams 10 to 15/year teamingup all my sisters/ cousins,..
Though many plans/dreams floating in mind, the above are my key goals ahead !
S. Velayuthan
Joining PSGTECH was definitely a high point in first fifty considering I came from a town which boasted a residential university. I thank my father who was very clear from the beginning that I am not going to be home bred!
The coming fifty sure will see me involved in NGO activities promoting environmental issues, god willing!
1) What one specific general or personal event has given you the most satisfaction in the first ~50 years of your life?
2) What one experience that you did not have in the first 50 years, would you most like to have in the second 50 years of your life? (it can be general or personal).
At the high point of life's serve, the ball is up in mid-air. How do you serve?
Responses
Bala Subramaniam
First is what brought happiness to me and self gratifying experience. School days were measured by 400+ in 10th and 1000+ in 12th. I was in cloud nine by making my parents feel the richest among their peers.
Making a house of his own was my dad's unfulfilled dream. I could do it under 30 even though he was not there to witness it. Materialistic selfish achievements are short lived.
It was my 40 plus, I started expressing myself on stage and start writing my heart. It is this particular event that made me happy by I stilling positive thoughts and kindling empathic emotions in others and making them happy.
50+
Will be happy when I publish my first book god wills
Life without retirement, learning without reservations, love with out conditions, list is endless.
Hari Suseendran
Most satisfaction in the first ~50 years:
I would pick one on the personal front.
Enjoyed spending my summer vacation days in my parents' hometowns in Thanjavur district. They were so different from the city life, so laid back, huge orchards, wood burning stoves that took forever to cook but the food tasting out of the world, movies, local trips to the temples and shores - the list goes on. I don't know if these places still maintain their rustic charm. Those vacations have been instrumental in my passion for travel - be it a short weekend local trips or extended ones within and outside the country. Over the last few years, my travel has reduced considerably (Need to somehow get back on the groove).
Next 50?
Although I didn't wait until 50 to start these off, I see myself showing continued involvement in the following:
- Going green to whatever extent I can.
- Volunteering: To cite an instance, every year, my mission raises funds through walkathons for building homes for battered women in rural parts of Himachal Pradesh. Tap into the abundant opportunities for volunteering in the local parks, soup kitchens, hospitals.
- Charitable causes: Although a drop in the ocean, try to give back to the society. I recently donated my van to the 'Wheels for Wishes NJ'. The most satisfying part was that the proceeds, amounting to a couple of thousands, went towards fulfilling the wishes of terminally ill children. People who are interested in such causes could choose the organization that meets what matters to them the most. Would like to participate regularly in blood donation campaigns.
At the high point of life's serve, the ball is up in mid-air. At this point, my aim is to not get too caught up with how to hit it. Rather than making it a foul shot or a weak one, I would want to hit it just right and enjoy the rally.
Venkat Raghavan
I think it would be the day I got my mark sheet of 12th standard. I came home and danced! My mother was so surprised. She hadn't seen me do that before. It was certainly the pinnacle. It qualifies as the highpoint because I did what everyone does after getting to the summit. You don’t climb any further. I didn’t study much in college!
What in the next 50:
Act in a Tamil movie as the most vicious villain! (seriously!)
K. Kanchana
Aging 50,.. "yet to see grey lines & pray god to hold till my son finish his secondary schooling" for everyone, mom is very precious and for me my mom is my daily breath , my innermost voice & power !
Self gave all my best efforts/commitment during schools/ college and all my performance records/ scores dedicated to see her beautiful smiles on her face and her happy tears rolling down her cheeks,.
My mom's happiness+ smiles earned during her times were my greatest mileage +special moments + best scoring & achievements,!! .
Self hold special bondage to my divine mother, and my day starts seeing her picture before sunrise, apply kumkum to her as my daily commitment/ gratitude for all her blessings for my continued educational+career growth & success !!
Wish anti-aging beyond 50 ..
As a commitment to my mom & for my grandpa who supported for my education, self have plans and already in the process of survey for upgrading/ modernizing the schools built by grandparents in their native village,..My every year of earnings a portion allocated/given for poor kids educational fees/ offering computers for the best students scoring high in Gr 10th & 12th,..!!
Self had learnt Veena for 17yrs // its time now that i need to spend my free time playing Veena quietly to keep me
refreshing for rest of my years ..
From this year onward planned for every year to visit divya sthalams 10 to 15/year teamingup all my sisters/ cousins,..
Though many plans/dreams floating in mind, the above are my key goals ahead !
S. Velayuthan
The coming fifty sure will see me involved in NGO activities promoting environmental issues, god willing!