Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy Childhood Memories

Topic by Sri Krishnan

"Happy Childhood Memories". Few guidelines for this topic are:

a) Memory from childhood (shall we say before the age of 10?)

b) It evokes a positive mood even today

c) You keep reminiscing it, cherishing it


Responses

Bharani

My evergreen childhood memory is of my recital in Trichy Radio station when I was about 4 years old. I lived with my parents in Tanjore then, and went to Balvadi nursery. The school arranged this program and I recited:
Vellai thaamarai pooviniley.... Naa magaley.

Many years later, in X std, when I got State rank in AISLC (Stanes school), I was interviewed by Kalki magazine. I had mentioned the Radio program in that interview. After reading that, my nursery teacher Ms Sunandha wrote me a lovely letter saying she knew I would have a bright future.

The letter is my most cherished possession and a BIG morale booster!

Suresh Babu

Well this is a difficult one for me with lot of challenges... It is like b&w picture with lot of holes.

I think i was 4 to 5 years old; my dad was very strict and we should be all sitting at our table and studying when he returns home from office. So my brothers and sister have this routine of playing outside after school and one of us will take turn to scouting to see whether my dad's office ambassador car is approaching. We used to have signals to alert and to rush back inside pick up books and then pretend to be studying... One day we went through this routine and I believe he saw me with a book too. I think he noticed some thing weird probably. I was told that my book was upside down. 

He went and inside to kitchen and talked to my mom and came back to hallway and said "kids, I know you were all studying for long time; let us go out and play. I still remember that was the most wonderful evening in my childhood...

So some time when I come home now, the whole episode unfurls in front of me and reminds me that what is important in life...