Thursday, May 28, 2009

Plano, Texas Travel Story

Travelogue by Sumathi


Few years ago I was in Plano, TX, and I had to go to PA to visit my friends. I booked the flight tickets. To reach Newark airport at NJ, I had to fly down to Atlanta and get a connecting flight from there to NJ. I had to travel more than 45 minutes from Plano to DFW airport, The flight was about to depart at 6:00 in the morning. To be on the safer side my friends and me started around 4:00 clock. We were happily chatting and did not notice that we took a wrong Exit. Only around 5:00 we noticed that we have totally lost our way to Airport.

I was new to US and I was travelling alone. My friends got worried and by the time we reached the airport it was around 7:00 and the flight had already left.

Even now I wonder how I got the courage to approach the customer care and explain them the situation and request them to make an alternate arrangement.

They permitted me to travel in the next flight, but they were not sure whether they could accomodate me in the connecting flight. But they asked me to go and explain the situation in Atlanta and request them. When my friends forced me not to take risk I decided to continue the Journey.

With my fingers crossed, I started the journey and reached Atlanta. There the airport authorities told me that I will know the availability only after the passengers  board the flight. I called my friends in PA and told them that I will confirm them once I know the status and after that they can start from PA to pick me.

Luck favoured me and I got a seat.I immediately called my friends and told them that I am safe.I really appreciated the Customer service rendered to me. If it would have been in India, I would have lost my money. Inspite of my mistake they helped me to travel without additional cost.