Tuesday, December 2, 2014

2014 Topics - Foreword


Ganesh


Venkat


I am setting just one goal for 2014 which will be very simple to achieve.  Achieve minimum 500 messages in each and every month of this year in our Yahoo Discussion Group!

I have the following new initiative to achieve this. Starting from week-2 (next Monday, 06th Jan), we will have a weekly topic (just one topic for the whole week), and all the group members are encouraged to share your thoughts and experiences on this one topic of the week. The topics can be anything on earth (or even outside earth). Some of the examples are Current Affairs, Sports, Politics, Management, Movies, Leadership, Cooking, Travel, Parenting, Photography, History, Books, etc, etc.. But, we will strictly have only one topic per week. I will consider Top-Movies initiated by Ashok as the Week-1 topic (In fact, this was the inspiration for starting this new series in 2014)!

Now, coming to the important matter on who will select the topic! We have 53 weeks in 2014, and we want 53 new and fresh topics that cover our entire spectrum of our life, and we also want 53 individuals in this group to choose the topic for every week. 

How do we do this?   Before Friday of the current week, Venkat will pick the name of the person to choose the topic of the week for the following week (For example, I want Venkat to choose a person by tomorrow and inform this person in this group forum to pick the topic of the week for next week). I am sure it is not difficult to pick 53 people from this group to pick 53 topics to write for the whole year! We will try our best not to repeat the topics because we will keep track of the topics and I will send out a summary after every week.

I hope everyone agrees with the goal and the new initiative to achieve this goal! Please let me know if you have any feedback or suggestion. Venkat, please pick a person by today or tomorrow to choose the topic of the week for next week (Jan-06th). I request the person chosen to select and inform the topic by Monday of the week, and all group members are encouraged to share their views during the whole week on this one topic of the week (from Monday to Monday).
  
Let's get started and see how it goes!! Once again, I am looking for your support to keep this forum active and energetic!!

With Warm Regards,

Ganesh